Open MPI logo

Open MPI User's Mailing List Archives

  |   Home   |   Support   |   FAQ   |   all Open MPI User's mailing list

Subject: [OMPI users] Problem with MPI_Comm_accept in a dynamic client/server application
From: Kalin Kanov (kalin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-13 17:09:03

Hi there,

I am trying to create a client/server application with OpenMPI, which
has been installed on a Windows machine, by following the instruction
(with CMake) in the README.WINDOWS file in the OpenMPI distribution
(version 1.4.2). I have ran other test application that compile file
under the Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt. However I get the following
errors on the server side when accepting a new client that is trying to

[Lazar:02716] [[47880,1],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in file
comm\base\grpcomm_base_allgather.c at line 222
[Lazar:02716] [[47880,1],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in file
comm\basic\grpcomm_basic_module.c at line 530
[Lazar:02716] [[47880,1],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in file
\orte\dpm_orte.c at line 363
[Lazar:2716] *** An error occurred in MPI_Comm_accept
[Lazar:2716] *** on communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
[Lazar:2716] *** MPI_ERR_INTERN: internal error
[Lazar:2716] *** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (your MPI job will now abort)
mpirun has exited due to process rank 0 with PID 476 on
node Lazar exiting without calling "finalize". This may
have caused other processes in the application to be
terminated by signals sent by mpirun (as reported here).

The server and client code is attached. I have straggled with this
problem for quite a while, so please let me know what the issue might
be. I have looked at the archives and the FAQ, and the only thing
similar that I have found had to do with different version of OpenMPI
installed, but I only have one version, and I believe it is the one
being used.

Thank you,