Subject: Re: [OMPI users] memory limits on remote nodes
From: David Turner (dpturner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-12 01:19:59

Various people contributed:

>>> I could be wrong, but I -think- the issue here is that the soft limits need to be set on a per-job basis.
>> This I also thought, and `qsub -l h_vmem=4G ...` should do it. It can be requested on a per job basis (with further limits on a queue level if necessary).

Well, this sent me in the right direction. I believe h_vmem is
SGE-specific, but our torque environment provides the "pmem"
(physical memory) and "pvmem" (virtual memory) resources on
a per-job basis. These seem to provide exactly the functionality
we need.

Sorry to bother you an issue that ended up being independent
of Open MPI!

Best regards,
David Turner
User Services Group        email: dpturner_at_[hidden]
NERSC Division             phone: (510) 486-4027
Lawrence Berkeley Lab        fax: (510) 486-4316