Subject: Re: [OMPI users] memory limits on remote nodes
From: David Turner (dpturner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-12 01:19:59

Hi,

Various people contributed:

>>> I could be wrong, but I -think- the issue here is that the soft limits need to be set on a per-job basis.
>>
>> This I also thought, and `qsub -l h_vmem=4G ...` should do it. It can be requested on a per job basis (with further limits on a queue level if necessary).

Well, this sent me in the right direction. I believe h_vmem is
SGE-specific, but our torque environment provides the "pmem"
(physical memory) and "pvmem" (virtual memory) resources on
a per-job basis. These seem to provide exactly the functionality
we need.

Sorry to bother you an issue that ended up being independent
of Open MPI!

--
Best regards,
David Turner