Subject: Re: [OMPI users] hdf5 build error using openmpi and Intel Fortran
From: Götz Waschk (goetz.waschk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-08 13:00:41

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Jeff Squyres <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Oct 6, 2010, at 10:07 AM, Götz Waschk wrote:
>>> Do -Wl,-rpath and -Wl,-soname= work any better?
>> Yes, with these options, it build fine. But the command line is
>> generated by libtool, so how can I make libtool to use -Wl, in front
>> of the linker options? It seems to strip these from the command.
> This might well be directly related to the version of Libtool that HDF bootstraps their build process with -- you really should talk to them.
Hi everyone,

I have solved this problem myself. The trick is not to use the
compiler wrappers but icc and ifort directly. But in that case you'll
have to link to libmpi_f77 manually and set the variable RUNPARALLEL
to a working mpirun command.

Regards, Götz

--
AL I:40: Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.