Subject: Re: [OMPI users] location of ompi libraries
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-05 10:17:27

It is more than likely that you compiled Open MPI with --enable-static and/or --disable-dlopen. In this case, all of Open MPI's plugins are slurped up into the libraries themselves (e.g., libmpi.so or libmpi.a). That's why everything continues to work properly.

On Oct 4, 2010, at 6:58 PM, David Turner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In Open MPI 1.4.1, the directory lib/openmpi contains about 130
> entries, including such things as mca_btl_openib.so. In my
> build of Open MPI 1.4.2, lib/openmpi contains exactly three
> items:
> libompi_dbg_msgq.a libompi_dbg_msgq.la libompi_dbg_msgq.so
>
> I have searched my 1.4.2 installation for mca_btl_openib.so,
> to no avail. And yet, 1.4.2 seems to work "fine". Is my
> installation broken, or is the organization significantly
> different between the two versions? A quick scan of the
> release notes didn't help.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> David Turner
> User Services Group email: dpturner_at_[hidden]
> NERSC Division phone: (510) 486-4027
> Lawrence Berkeley Lab fax: (510) 486-4316

For corporate legal information go to: