Subject: [OMPI users] new open mpi user questions
From: Ed Peddycoart (EPeddycoart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-04 11:02:58

I would like to give Open MPI a test drive on some machines I have in my lab and I have a few questions...

The machines are RHEL 5.4 machines and an older version of Open MPI was already installed. I understand from the faq that I should not simply over write the old installation, but would it be better if I remove the old version or install the new to a different location. I have no need for the old version.

Are there test apps with the Open MPI distribution that I can use to produce some benchmarks? One thing I want to get an idea of data transfer rates as a function of the size of the data transferred.

Thanks,
Ed