Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Potential developer to reinstate Xgrid support
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-01 11:12:04

Just to +1 what Ralph Castain said:

1. If the work is non-trivial to fix the problem (i.e., more than a small patch), we'll need a signed third party contribution agreement before we can accept it. Sorry -- we absolutely have to keep the code base IP-clean. :-( ( (see http://www.open-mpi.org/community/contribute/corporate.php)

I see in your .sig that you work for the US Navy; I imagine it would be a challenge to get the document signed -- let's hope the fix is a small patch!

2. If it would help, I'm sure that Ralph would be happy to get on the phone and chat about some of the details -- we have found that a 30 min phone call can save a week's worth of back-n-forth emails. :-)

On Sep 30, 2010, at 7:12 PM, Daniel Beatty wrote:

> Greetings all,
> I am working on obtaining a developer or time for myself to work on restoring support for MPI using Xgrid. Do we have any documentation on the Xgrid supporting section of Open-MPI, and could you point out to me what sections of MPI that were providing the said support in the first place.
>
> Thank you,
> Daniel Beatty
> Computer Scientist, Detonation Sciences Branch
> Code 474300D
> 2401 E. Pilot Plant Rd. M/S 1109
> China Lake, CA 93555
> daniel.beatty_at_[hidden]