Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Memory affinity
From: Gabriele Fatigati (g.fatigati_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-27 15:21:42

HI Tim,

I have read that link, but I haven't understood if enabling processor
affinity are enabled also memory affinity because is written that:

"Note that memory affinity support is enabled only when processor
affinity is enabled"

Can i set processory affinity without memory affinity? This is my question..

2010/9/27 Tim Prince <n8tm_at_[hidden]>

>  On 9/27/2010 9:01 AM, Gabriele Fatigati wrote:
>>
>> if OpenMPI is numa-compiled, memory affinity is enabled by default? Because I didn't find memory affinity alone ( similar)  parameter to set at 1.
>>

>  The FAQ http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=tuning#using-paffinity has a useful introduction to affinity.  It's available in a default build, but not enabled by default.
>
> If you mean something other than this, explanation is needed as part of your question.
> taskset() or numactl() might be relevant, if you require more detailed control.
>
> --
> Tim Prince

Ing. Gabriele Fatigati
Parallel programmer
CINECA Systems & Tecnologies Department
Supercomputing Group
Via Magnanelli 6/3, Casalecchio di Reno (BO) Italy
www.cineca.it                    Tel:   +39 051 6171722
g.fatigati [AT] cineca.it