Subject: Re: [OMPI users] "self scheduled" work & mpi receive???
From: Lewis, Ambrose J. (AMBROSE.J.LEWIS_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-24 13:55:34

Good points...I'll see if anything can be done to speed up the master. If we can shrink the number of MPI processes without hurting overall throughput maybe I could save enough to fit another run on the freed cores. Thanks for the ideas!
I was also worried about contention on the nodes since I'm running multiple MPI processes on the same multi-core box. A typical run is 120 MPI processes on 5 nodes, each with 24 cores. I may play a little with the "--bynode" parameter to see if this has any (significant) effect
THANXS
amb