Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Shared memory
From: Reuti (reuti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-24 07:44:45

Am 24.09.2010 um 13:26 schrieb John Hearns:

> On 24 September 2010 08:46, Andrei Fokau <andrei.fokau_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> We use a C-program which consumes a lot of memory per process (up to few
>> GB), 99% of the data being the same for each process. So for us it would be
>> quite reasonable to put that part of data in a shared memory.
>
> http://www.emsl.pnl.gov/docs/global/
>
> Is this eny help? Apologies if I'm talking through my hat.

I was also thinking of this when I read "data in a shared memory" (besides approaches like http://www.kerrighed.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page). Wasn't this also one idea behind "High Performance Fortran" - running in parallel across nodes even without knowing that it's across nodes at all while programming and access all data like it's being local.

-- Reuti