Subject: Re: [OMPI users] How to know which process is running on which core?
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-23 23:10:38

You mean via an API of some kind? Not through an MPI call, but you can do it
(though your code will wind up OMPI-specific). Look at the OMPI source code
in opal/mca/paffinity/paffinity.h and you'll see the necessary calls as well
as some macros to help parse the results.

Depending upon what version you are using, there may also be a function in
opal/mca/paffinity/base/base.h to pretty-print that info for you. I believe
it may only be in the developer's trunk right now, or it may have made it
into the 1.5.0 release candidate....