Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI on the ARM processor architecture?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-22 07:44:35

On Sep 20, 2010, at 2:14 PM, Ken Mighell wrote:

> Has there been any consideration of porting OpenMPI to the ARM processor?

I don't believe that anyone is actively working on this, but I could be wrong.

> Plans are afoot to launch 7 ARM processors on a "Stage Coach" card in a 3U
> CubeSat. NASA's NMP (New Millennium Program) ST-8 (Space Technology 8)
> DM (Dependable Multiprocessor) uses OpenMPI as the foundation for its
> fault-tolerant cluster middleware. Thus the enquiry about the status of OpenMPI
> with the ARM architecture.

Patches would be welcome! :-)

I believe that the first step would be to get some assembly for the ARM platform for some of OMPI's key routines (locks, atomics, etc.). Beyond that, it *might* "just work"...?

For corporate legal information go to: