Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Test Program works on 1, 2 or 3 nodes. Hangs on 4 or more nodes.
From: Ethan Deneault (edeneault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-21 17:31:21

Prentice Bisbal wrote:
> Ashley Pittman wrote:
>> This smacks of a firewall issue, I thought you'd said you weren't using one but now I read back your emails I can't see anywhere where you say that. Are you running a flrewall or any iptables rules on any of the nodes? It looks to me like you may have some setup from on the worker nodes.
>>
>> Ashley.
>>

> I agree with Ashley. To make sure it's not an IP tables or SELinux
> problem on one of the nodes, run these two commands on all teh nodes and
> then try again:
>
> service iptables stop
> setenforce 0

This fix worked. Delving in deeper, it turns out that there was a typo in the iptables file for the
nodes: they were accepting all traffic on eth1 instead of eth0. Only the master has an eth1 port.
When I checked the tables earlier, I didn't notice the discrepancy.

Thank you all so much!

Cheers,
Ethan

--