Subject: [OMPI users] multipath support for infiniband
From: Jens Domke (jens.domke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-21 11:45:25

Hello,

the InfiniBand architecture has a LMC feature to assign mutiple virtual
LIDs to one port and so provides multiple paths between two ports. Is
there a methode in openmpi to enable message-striping over these paths
to increase bandwidth or avoid congestions?
(I don't mean the multirail feature, to split traffic across two ports
of one Hca)
The only function I have found, was to enable automatic path migration
over lmc, but this is only for failover, if I remember rightly.

Regards,
Jens