Subject: [OMPI users] What will happen if a non-MPI executible loaded a MPI enabled shared library?
From: Allen Zhao (a.zhao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-07 16:08:42

  Hi, All,

A newbie question:

Suppose that I have a main executable (a non-MPI code, which just
dynamically loaded a named share library), and I do compile the shared
library with mpi-gcc. This way, when the main executable loads the
shared library, what is going to happen?

Can I parallel this application without calling MPI_Init() inside the
main code, instead, I call MPI_Init() when the shared library is loaded
by the main executable? Will it then be able to run in parallel? If this
scenario is possible, when should I call MPI_Finalize()?

I know these question is very newbie, any pointers would appreciated.

Best regards,

Allen Zhao