Subject: [OMPI users] MPI_Comm_accept and MPI_Comm_connect both use 100% one cpu core. Is it a bug?
From: lyb (linyb79_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-01 21:24:01

Hi, All,

I tested two sample applications on Windows 2003 Server, one use
MPI_Comm_accept and other use MPI_Comm_connect,
when run into MPI_Comm_accept or MPI_Comm_connect, the application use
100% one cpu core. Is it a bug or some wrong?

I tested with three version including Version 1.4 (stable)
<http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.4/>, Version 1.5 (prerelease)
<http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.5/> and trunk 23706 version.

MPI_Open_port(MPI_INFO_NULL, port);
MPI_Comm_accept( port, MPI_INFO_NULL, 0, MPI_COMM_WORLD, &client );

MPI_Comm_connect( port, MPI_INFO_NULL, 0, MPI_COMM_WORLD, &server );

thanks a lot.

lyb