Subject: Re: [OMPI users] IMB-MPI broadcast test stalls for large core counts: debug ideas?
From: John Hearns (hearnsj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-25 07:41:20

On 24 August 2010 18:58, Rahul Nabar <rpnabar_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> There are a few unusual things about the cluster. We are using a
> 10GigE ethernet fabric. Each node has dual eth adapters. One 1GigE and
> the other 10GigE. These are on seperate subnets although the order of
> the eth interfaces is variable. i.e. 10GigE might be eth0 on one and
> eth2 on the next. In case this matters. I was told this shouldn't be
> an issue.

You could sort that out with udev rules on each machine.
Look in the directory /etc/udev/rules.d for the file
NN-net_persistent_names.rules
you'll need a script which looks for the HWaddr (MAC) address matching
the 10gig cards
and edit the SUBSYSTEM line for that interface.
As you say it should not matter - but I would get them all consistent anyway.