Subject: [OMPI users] padb and openmpi
From: Steve Wise (swise_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-17 15:20:03

Hi,

I'm trying to use padb 3.0 to get stack traces on open-mpi / IMB1 runs.
While the job is running, I do run this, but get an error:

[ompi_at_hpc-hn1 ~]$ padb --show-jobs --config-option rmgr=orte
65427
[ompi_at_hpc-hn1 ~]$ padb --all --proc-summary --config-option rmgr=orte
Warning, failed to locate ranks [0-3]
Warning, remote process name differs across ranks
name : ranks
Warning, remote process state differs across ranks
state : ranks
vpid hostname pid vmsize vmrss S uptime %cpu lcore command

Here is how I start the job:

[ompi_at_hpc-hn1 ~]$ mpirun -np 4 -host t4,hpc-cn2,hpc-cn3,hpc-cn4 --mca
btl openib,sm,self /usr/mpi/gcc/openmpi-1.4.1/tests/IMB-3.2/IMB-MPI1
-npmin 4

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Steve.