Subject: Re: [OMPI users] problem with .bashrc stetting of openmpi
From: Terry Dontje (terry.dontje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-13 09:23:57

sunita_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Dear Open-mpi users,
>
> I installed openmpi-1.4.1 in my user area and then set the path for
> openmpi in the .bashrc file as follow. However, am still getting following
> error message whenever am starting the parallel molecular dynamics
> simulation using GROMACS. So every time am starting the MD job, I need to
> source the .bashrc file again.
>
> Earlier in some other machine I did the same thing and was not getting any
> problem.
>
> Could you guys suggest what would be the problem?

Have you set OPAL_PREFIX to /home/sunitap/soft/openmpi?

If you do a ldd on mdrun_mpi does libmpi.so.0 come up not found?
If so and there truly is a libmpi.so.0 in /home/sunitap/soft/openmpi/lib
you may want to make sure the bitness of libmpi.so.0 and mdrun_mpi are
the same by
doing a file command on both.

--td
> ============.bashrc============
> #path for openmpi
> export PATH=$PATH:/home/sunitap/soft/openmpi/bin
> export CFLAGS="-I/home/sunitap/soft/openmpi/include"
> export LDFLAGS="-L/home/sunitap/soft/openmpi/lib"
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/sunitap/soft/openmpi/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

> mdrun_mpi: error while loading shared libraries: libmpi.so.0: cannot open

Oracle
Developer Tools Engineering | +1.650.633.7054
Oracle * - Performance Technologies*
95 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803

picture