Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI Run-Time "Freedom" Question
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-12 18:27:57

Ick - talk about confusing! I suppose there must be -some- rational reason why someone would want to do this, but I can't imagine what it would be....

I'm no expert on compiler vs lib confusion, but some of my own experience would say that this is a bad idea regardless of whether or not OMPI is involved. Compiler version interoperability is usually questionable, depending upon how far apart the rev levels are.

Only answer I can offer is that you would have to try it. It will undoubtedly be a case-by-case basis: some combinations might work, others might fail.