Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI_Bcast issue
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-11 10:04:05

On Aug 11, 2010, at 9:54 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> (I'll say that OMPI's ALLGATHER algorithm is probably not well optimized for massive data transfers like you describe)

Wrong wrong wrong -- I should have checked the code before sending. I made the incorrect assumption that OMPI still only had a trivial gather implementation. It does not; there are several different algorithms that may be used for ALLGATHER (as determined on the fly at run time, blah, blah, blah).

Jeff Squyres
For corporate legal information go to: