Subject: [OMPI users] Checkpointing mpi4py program
From: ananda.mudar_at_[hidden]
Date: 2010-08-09 16:04:19

Hi

I have integrated mpi4py with openmpi 1.4.2 that was built with BLCR
0.8.2. When I run ompi-checkpoint on the program written using mpi4py, I
see that program doesn't resume sometimes after successful checkpoint
creation. This doesn't occur always meaning the program resumes after
successful checkpoint creation most of the time and completes
successfully. Has anyone tested the checkpoint/restart functionality
with mpi4py programs? Are there any best practices that I should keep in
mind while checkpointing mpi4py programs?

Thanks for your time

- Ananda

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary. The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. www.wipro.com