Subject: [OMPI users] Implementing a new BTL module in MCA
From: Simone Pellegrini (spellegrini_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-03 08:15:11

Deal all,
I need to implement an MPI layer on top of a message passing library
which is currently used in a particular device where I have to run MPI
programs ( very vague, I know :) ).

Instead of reinventing the wheel, my idea was to reuse most of the Open
MPI implementation and just add a new layer to support my custom device.
I guess that extending the Byte Transfer Layer of the Modular Component
Architecture should make the job. Right?

Anyway, before starting wasting my time looking for documentation I
wanted to have some pointers to documentation regarding extension of
Open MPI. Which are the interfaces I have to extend? Is there any "hello
world" example on how to do it?

many thanks, Simone