Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI_Allreduce on local machine
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-28 11:31:35

On Jul 28, 2010, at 11:19 AM, Gus Correa wrote:

> > Ompi_info --all lists its info regarding fortran right after C. In my

Ummm.... right... I should know that. I wrote ompi_info, after all. :-) I ran "ompi_info -all | grep -i fortran" and didn't see the fortran info, and I forgot that I put that stuff in there. Oops! :-)

> > case:
> > Fort real size: 4
> > Fort real4 size: 4
> > Fort real8 size: 8
> > Fort real16 size: 16
> > Fort dbl prec size: 4

That does seems weird.

> No, dbl prec size 4 sounds weird, should be 8, I suppose,
> same as real8, right?
>
> It doesn't make sense, but that's what I have (now that you told me
> that "dbl" , not "double", is the string to search for):
>
> $ Fort dbl prec size: 4
> Fort dbl cplx size: 4
> Fort dbl prec align: 4
> Fort dbl cplx align: 4
>
> Is this a bug in OpenMPI perhaps?

Getting sizeof and alignment of Fortran variable types is very problematic. Can you send the stdout/stderr of configure and the config.log?

    http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/

For corporate legal information go to: