Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI_Allreduce on local machine
From: Gus Correa (gus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-28 11:19:43

Hugo Gagnon wrote:
> Hi Gus,
> Ompi_info --all lists its info regarding fortran right after C. In my
> case:
> Fort real size: 4
> Fort real4 size: 4
> Fort real8 size: 8
> Fort real16 size: 16
> Fort dbl prec size: 4
> Does it make any sense to you?

Hi Hugo

No, dbl prec size 4 sounds weird, should be 8, I suppose,
same as real8, right?

It doesn't make sense, but that's what I have (now that you told me
that "dbl" , not "double", is the string to search for):

$ Fort dbl prec size: 4
       Fort dbl cplx size: 4
      Fort dbl prec align: 4
      Fort dbl cplx align: 4

Is this a bug in OpenMPI perhaps?

I didn't come across to this problem, most likely because
the codes here don't use "double precision" but real*8 or similar.

Also make sure you are picking the right ompi_info, mpif90/f77, mpiexec.
Often times old versions and tangled PATH make things very confusing.

Gus Correa