Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpiexec hangs - new install
From: James (jamesqf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-25 16:07:59

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 16:31:12 -0700, Ralph Castain <rhc_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> PS: Hate to kvetch, but wouldn't it save a lot of wasted time if basic
>> problems like this were addressed in the FAQ?
>
> Yes, it probably should be. However, a simple search for "firewall" on
> the user mailing list provides lots of info on how to deal with this
> issue.

I have to disagree. I did search for "firewall", and what came back was
numerous variations on the theme of "get your sysadmin to do xxx to the
firewall". No doubt that's a very useful solution if you're working on
a corporate/university network where you actually HAVE a sysadmin person
to do these sorts of chores for you, but not much help at all for people
working on their own systems.

James