Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Help on the big picture..
From: Gus Correa (gus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-22 15:42:24

Hi Cristobal

You may want to take a look at PETSc,
which has all the machinery for linear algebra that
you need, can easily attach a variety of Linear Algebra packages,
including those in the diagram you sent and more,
builds on top of MPI, and can even build MPI for you, if you prefer.
It has C and Fortran interfaces, and if I remember right,
you can build it alternatively with a C++ interface.
You can choose from real or complex scalars,
depending on your target problem (e.g. if you are going to do
signal/image processing with FFTs, you want complex scalars).
I don't know if it has high level commands to deal with
data structures (like trees that you mentioned), but it may.

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/

My $0.02
Gus Correa
Gustavo Correa