Subject: [OMPI users] Help on the big picture..
From: Cristobal Navarro (axischire_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-22 14:12:05

Hello,

i am designing a solution to one of my programs, which mixes some tree
generation, matrix operatons, eigenvaluies, among other tasks.
i have to paralellize all of this for a cluster of 4 nodes (32 cores),
and what i first thought was MPI as a blind choice, but after looking
at this picture

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6380744/clusterLibs.png ( On the picture,
openMP is missing.)

i decided to take a break and sit down, think what best suits to my needs.
Adittionally, i am not familiar with Fortran, so i search for C/C++ libraries.

what are your experiences, what aspects of your proyect do you
consider when choosing, is a good practice to mix these libraries in
one same proyect?