Subject: [OMPI users] Processes stuck after MPI_Waitall() in 1.4.1
From: Brian Smith (brs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-21 10:07:30

Hi, All,

A couple of applications that I'm using -- VASP and Charmm -- end up
"stuck" (for lack of a better word) during a waitall call after some
non-blocking send/recv action. This only happens when utilizing the
openib btl. I've followed a couple of bugs where this seemed to happen
in some previous revisions and tried the work-arounds provided, but to
no avail. I'm going to try running against a previous version to see if
its a regression of some sort, but this problem didn't seem to exist in
1.4.1 until our systems were updated to OFED >= 1.4. Any suggestions
besides the obvious, "well, down-grade from >= 1.4"? What additional
info can I provide to help?

Thanks,
-Brian

--