Subject: Re: [OMPI users] first cluster [was trouble using openmpi under slurm]
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-14 16:27:11

On Jul 9, 2010, at 12:43 PM, Douglas Guptill wrote:

> After some lurking and reading, I plan this:
> Debian (lenny)
> + fai - for compute-node operating system install
> + Torque - job scheduler/manager
> + MPI (Intel MPI) - for the application
> + MPI (OpenMP) - alternative MPI
> Does anyone see holes in this plan?

HPC is very much a "what is best for *your* requirements" kind of environment. There are many different recipes out there for different kinds of HPC environments.

What you listed above is a reasonable list of meta software packages. You might want to install them, run with them for a while, and be prepared to change if you find something else that you like better (you might want to make sure that all those software packages support Debian, for example).

Jeff Squyres
For corporate legal information go to: