Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Install OpenMPI on Win 7 machine
From: Alexandru Blidaru (alexsb92_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-12 09:48:36

Hi,

I am attaching all the output text resulted when configuring for the first
time. I am also attaching a picture of the of the main area. My main purpose
of installing OpenMPI is to set up a set of "virtual cluster" on the Windows
7 machine, so I could get accustomed with the different settings, and so I
could try some small programs, before being allowed to work on the actual
cluster.

Note, this is the first time I am using a mailing list, so if I am not
allowed attachments, please tell me. I tried to keep them as small as
possible.

Thanks for your help,
Alex

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 7:16 AM, Shiqing Fan <fan_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> Building Open MPI using CMake is the recommended procedure, you probably
> should stick with it, and it has been proved working well on different
> Windows platforms. The other building procedures are not well supported for
> some time now, and they are deprecated.
>
> For the problems that you got when building with CMake, it might because
> some dependent headers/libraries are not installed. Could you please provide
> the detail CMake error output, so that I can help you fix it?
>

> Regards,
> Shiqing
>

> On 2010-7-9 8:19 PM, Alexandru Blidaru wrote:
>
> Hey guys,
>
> This is my first time posting on an email list, so if I don't follow
> certain protocols just tell me. Anyway, I am working at a research lab as a
> High School Summer Intern, and part of my project involves installing
> OpenMPI on a Windows machine to run some applications in virtual clusters. I
> tried following the first two methods from the Windows ReadMe file, but none
> of them work. For the first one, there are a bunch of header files cMake
> can't find. For the second one, the cannot find the ompi-static.tgz tarball.
> The set of files that I downloaded from OpenMPI can be found here (tried
> both tars): http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.4/ .
>
> I noticed however that the ompi-static tarball can be found in the
> Subversion that i obtained this way:
> http://www.open-mpi.org/svn/mercurial.php . Can anyone tell me what I
> might be doing wrong? Or maybe more detailed steps? it's the first time I
> work with OpenMPI or any similar technologies.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Alex Blidaru

> Shiqing Fan http://www.hlrs.de/people/fan
> High Performance Computing Tel.: +49 711 685 87234
> Center Stuttgart (HLRS) Fax.: +49 711 685 65832
> Address:Allmandring 30 email: fan_at_[hidden]
> 70569 Stuttgart

Capture.PNG