Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Install OpenMPI on Win 7 machine
From: Shiqing Fan (fan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-10 07:16:15

  Hi Alex,

Building Open MPI using CMake is the recommended procedure, you probably
should stick with it, and it has been proved working well on different
Windows platforms. The other building procedures are not well supported
for some time now, and they are deprecated.

For the problems that you got when building with CMake, it might because
some dependent headers/libraries are not installed. Could you please
provide the detail CMake error output, so that I can help you fix it?

Regards,
Shiqing

On 2010-7-9 8:19 PM, Alexandru Blidaru wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> This is my first time posting on an email list, so if I don't follow
> certain protocols just tell me. Anyway, I am working at a research lab
> as a High School Summer Intern, and part of my project involves
> installing OpenMPI on a Windows machine to run some applications in
> virtual clusters. I tried following the first two methods from the
> Windows ReadMe file, but none of them work. For the first one, there
> are a bunch of header files cMake can't find. For the second one, the
> cannot find the ompi-static.tgz tarball. The set of files that I
> downloaded from OpenMPI can be found here (tried both tars):
> http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.4/ .
>
> I noticed however that the ompi-static tarball can be found in the
> Subversion that i obtained this
> way:http://www.open-mpi.org/svn/mercurial.php . Can anyone tell me
> what I might be doing wrong? Or maybe more detailed steps? it's the
> first time I work with OpenMPI or any similar technologies.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Alex Blidaru

Shiqing Fan                          http://www.hlrs.de/people/fan
High Performance Computing           Tel.: +49 711 685 87234
   Center Stuttgart (HLRS)            Fax.: +49 711 685 65832
Address:Allmandring 30               email: fan_at_[hidden]
70569 Stuttgart