Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Low Open MPI performance on InfiniBand and shared memory?
From: Andreas Schäfer (gentryx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-09 07:48:56

Thanks, those were good suggestions.

On 11:53 Fri 09 Jul , Peter Kjellstrom wrote:
> On an E5520 (nehalem) node I get ~5 GB/s ping-pong for >64K sizes.

I just tried a Core i7 system which maxes at 6550 MB/s for the
ping-pong test.

> On QDR IB on similar nodes I get ~3 GB/s ping-pong for >256K.

I'll try to find a Intel system to repeat the tests. Maybe it's AMD's
different memory subsystem/cache architecture which is slowing Open
MPI? Or are my systems just badly configured?

Best
-Andreas

Andreas Schäfer
HPC and Grid Computing
Chair of Computer Science 3
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
+49 9131 85-27910
PGP/GPG key via keyserver
I'm a bright... http://www.the-brights.net
(\___/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination!