Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Low Open MPI performance on InfiniBand and shared memory?
From: Andreas Schäfer (gentryx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-09 05:39:55

Just tried these options and was able to increased shared memory
throughput to approx. 1950 MB/s. Still I wonder what the bottleneck
is. After all, the memory bandwidth of the systems is much higher.

Thanks
-Andreas

On 03:22 Fri 09 Jul , Ralph Castain wrote:
> Did you remember to set --bind-to-core or --bind-to-socket on the cmd line? Otherwise, the processes are running unbound, which makes a significant difference to performance.
>

> On Jul 9, 2010, at 3:15 AM, Andreas Schäfer wrote:
>
> > Maybe I should add that for tests I ran the benchmarks with two MPI
> > processes: for InfiniBand one process per node and for shared memory
> > both processes were located on one node.
> >

> > --
> > Andreas Schäfer
> > HPC and Grid Computing
> > Chair of Computer Science 3
> > Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
> > +49 9131 85-27910
> > PGP/GPG key via keyserver
> > I'm a bright... http://www.the-brights.net

Andreas Schäfer
HPC and Grid Computing
Chair of Computer Science 3
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
+49 9131 85-27910
PGP/GPG key via keyserver
I'm a bright... http://www.the-brights.net
(\___/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination!