Subject: Re: [OMPI users] configure options
From: Gus Correa (gus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-08 10:04:22

Hi Zhigang

Are you talking about a run time failure?

If you are, I think what is missing is just to set the PATH and the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variables to point to the OpenMPI directories.
This can be done in your .[t]cshrc / .profile / .bashrc
file in your home directory (assuming it is accessible by all computers
that you're using to run the program).
Hopefully it will override the default OpenMPI 1.3.2 in your HPC.

See this FAQ:
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#adding-ompi-to-path

There are other ways to do it, which you can find with
"man $MY_OWN_DIR/share/man/man1/mpiexec".
(You could also set MANPATH to get the right man pages.)

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa
Gustavo Correa
Palisades, NY, 10964-8000 - USA