Subject: Re: [OMPI users] trouble using openmpi under slurm
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-07 14:40:58

On Jul 7, 2010, at 2:37 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:

> No....afraid not. Things work pretty well, but there are places where things just don't mesh. Sub-node allocation in particular is an issue as it implies binding, and slurm and ompi have conflicting methods.
>
> It all can get worked out, but we have limited time and nobody cares enough to put in the effort. Slurm just isn't used enough to make it worthwhile (too small an audience).

...that being said, patches would be appreciated. :-)

But, as Ralph alluded to, there's quite a history -- anyone attempting to make such a patch should probably have a phone call with Ralph to get up to speed on both the history and the why-things-are-the-way-they-are story about Open MPI's SLURM support before starting.

For corporate legal information go to: