Subject: Re: [OMPI users] perhaps an openmpi bug, how best to identify?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-07 13:01:09

On Jul 7, 2010, at 12:50 PM, Olivier Marsden wrote:

> Hi Jeff, thanks for the response.
> As soon as I can afford to reboot my workstation,
> like tomorrow, I will test as you suggest whether the computer
> actually hangs or just slows down. For exhaustive kernel logging,
> I replaced the following line
> kern.* -/var/log/kern.log
> with
> kern.* /var/log/kern.log
> in my /etc/rsyslog.d/50-default.conf file, does that look about right?

I'd add another:

*.* -/var/log/everything.log

...because who knows what the actual problem is?

And/or, if you have another machine that can listen for syslog, remote syslog to that machine so that you might be able to see the results more or less immediately.

Jeff Squyres
For corporate legal information go to: