Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Unable to include mpich library
From: Reuti (reuti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-28 03:26:00

Hi,

Am 28.06.2010 um 08:10 schrieb Srinivas Gopal:

> I have used the wrapper compilers ($FC=mpif90 and $CC=mpicc), even
> then i was getting these errors. Anyway I used -lmpi in place of -
> lmpich and the build was successful. Thanks a lot for your help :)

I saw makefiles, where the compilers (i.e. MPI wrappers) were only
used for compiling the source to object files. Later on these were
still linked with `gcc` or `ld`. Hence the MPI library must be
accessed also for the linker step by `mpicc` instead of `gcc` when
setting $LD is supported, or set in e.g. $LDFLAGS for the latter.

Why is there no `mpild` to do this automatically then?

-- Reuti