Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openMPI asychronous communication
From: Jack Bryan (dtustudy68_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-27 23:41:04

thanks
I know this.
but, what if sender can send a lot of messages to receivers faster than what receiver can receive ?
it means that sender works faster than receiver.
Any help is appreciated.
jack

From: jiangzuoyan_at_[hidden]
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:31:16 +0800
To: users_at_[hidden]

MPI_Isend - Starts a standard-mode, nonblocking send.

BTW, are there any asynchronous collective operations?
                                                      Changsheng Jiang

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 11:22, Jack Bryan <dtustudy68_at_[hidden]> wrote:

Dear All:
How to do asychronous communication among nodes by openMPI or boot.MPI in cluster ?

I need to set up a kind of asychronous communication protocol such that message senders and receivers can communicate asychronously without losing anymessages between them.

I do not want to use blocking MPI routines because the processors can do otheroperations when they wait for new messages coming.
I donot find this kind of MPI routines that support this

asychronous communication.
Any help is appreciated.
thanks
Jack