Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Debugging OpenMPI with GDB
From: Ashley Pittman (ashley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-25 14:25:05

On 25 Jun 2010, at 19:18, Немања Илић (Nemanja Ilic) wrote:

> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> I am about to start a project that includes MPI communication. My question is: "Is there a way to debug parallel OpenMPI applications on linux in console mode on one computer using gdb?"

You can debug individual processes in a job with gdb directly. Alternatively if you want to see the global picture of what a job is doing at a point in time follow the link in my sig, it won't allow deep debugging with breakpoints and register dumps but it should allow you to narrow in on problems quickly.

Also which is unique to MPI it's possible to see the "message queues" for ranks within an MPI application which can help with programming.

Ashley.

--
Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.
http://padb.pittman.org.uk