Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Unable to include mpich library
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-25 07:49:23

On Jun 25, 2010, at 4:11 AM, Götz Waschk wrote:

> libmpich is not part of open-mpi. Maybe your software build with mpich
> only? If your software does not use anything specific to mpich, you
> could try to change -lmpich to -lmpi .

Better yet, the Open MPI team strongly discourages listing individual MPI libraries on the link line because we reserve the right to change them over time.

Instead, we *strongly* advise you to just use Open MPI's wrapper compilers, which will insert all the Right compiler and linker flags. Then you don't have to worry about any of those pesky -I and -L options, especially when transitioning between different MPI implementations and versions of Open MPI.

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=mpi-apps#general-build
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=mpi-apps#cant-use-wrappers

For corporate legal information go to: