Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Fortran - MPI_WORLD_COMM
From: chan_at_[hidden]
Date: 2010-06-22 18:32:11

MPI_COMM_WORLD is defined by a parameter statement, so it
is a fortran contant. The following f77 program fails to compile.

> cat ts_param.f
      Program test
      integer mm
      parameter (mm = 9)
      common /cmblk/ mm
      end
> gfortran ts_param.f
ts_param.f:4.23:

      common /cmblk/ mm
                       1
Error: PARAMETER attribute conflicts with COMMON attribute in 'mm' at (1)
> ifort ts_param.f
ts_param.f(4): error #6414: This PARAMETER constant name is invalid in this context. [MM]
      common /cmblk/ mm
compilation aborted for ts_param.f (code 1)

Don't think you can do that with either MPICH2 or OpenMPI.
Since MPI_COMM_WORLD is a constant, why do you want to put it
in a common block ?

A.Chan