Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Fortran - MPI_WORLD_COMM
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-22 18:05:38

On Jun 22, 2010, at 5:55 PM, Mihaly Mezei wrote:

> mpi0.f(2): error #6414: This PARAMETER constant name is invalid in this context. [MPI_COMM_WORLD]
> common /MPI_DM/ MPI_COMM_WORLD,NUMNOD,MYRANK
> ----------------------^
> mpi0.f(21): error #6412: A dummy argument name is invalid in this context. [MPI_COMM_WORLD]
> common /MPI_DM/ MPI_COMM_WORLD,NUMNOD,MYRANK

Funky. I'm not a fortran expert, but I didn't know what you couldn't put a parameter in a common block. I guess that's a difference between OMPI and MPICH -- sorry!

> If I try to pass MPI_WORLD_COMM to a subrotine as one of the subroutine argument, it aborts at run time whe it comes to using it in an MPI_Bcast call
>
> *** An error occurred in MPI_Bcast
> *** on communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
> *** MPI_ERR_TYPE: invalid datatype

That shouldn't be. But it does seem to imply that your passing a bad datatype, not a bad communicator. Can you send a small code example that shows the problem?

For corporate legal information go to: