Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Master / Slave with Fortran / C languages
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-11 07:12:48

On Jun 11, 2010, at 5:59 AM, Giraudon Cyril wrote:

> I'd like to know if it is possible to make communicate fortran and C
> programs with MPI-2/Open MPI using the master / slave mode ?
>
> The master is in Fortran
> The slave is in C
> The exchanged Data are real, integer and character scalars and arrays.

Yes, it should be no problem. It is easiest when the representations of the data by your two compilers are the same (e.g., REAL == float, INTEGER == int). It may be easiest to use compilers from the same vendor / family for linkage purposes, but it probably isn't 100% necessary.

For corporate legal information go to: