Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Address not mapped segmentation fault with1.4.2 ...
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-10 18:34:07

On Jun 10, 2010, at 5:49 PM, Richard Walsh wrote:

> OK ... so if I follow your lead and build a version without PBS --tm= integration
> and it works, I should be able to report this as an incompatibility bug between
> the latest version of PBS Pro (10.2.0.93147) and the latest version of OpenMPI
> (1.4.2). right? Do I report that you to my friends at OpenMPI or my friends at
> PBS Pro (Altair), or both?

I'd say both.

But it would be quite surprising if tm_init() it wholly broken -- it's the very first function that has to be invoked.

I'm not a PBS user, so I don't know/remember the PBS commands offhand, but I have a dim recollection of a few PBS-provided TM-using tools (pbsdsh or somesuch?). You might want to try those, too, and see if they work/fail.

If it really is a problem, I'm guessing it'll be a compiler/linker issue somehow... (e.g., how we're compiling/linking is not matching the compilation/linker style of the TM library) That's a SWAG. :-)

For corporate legal information go to: