Subject: [OMPI users] port_name information between Linux and Windows
From: awwase (awwase_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-09 17:21:44

Dear all,

I setup a client application in a Linux machine and server application in a
Windows machine. In the server side, the function* MPI_Open_port* will
generate the following port_name:

tag=0 port=2001 description=awwase-Laptop ifname=192.168.1.4

Now I have to to pass this information into the function
*MPI_Comm_connect*in the client side. When I compile and run the
client application in a Linux
machine with the given information, the application crashes and says
"MPI_Comm_connect: invalid argument: Invalid argument (rank 0,
MPI_COMM_WORLD)". But when I run it in a Windows machine, it works fine.
Moreover, when I compile and run the server application in a Linux machine,
the port_name will looks like:

0.2.0:2000

Is it possible to make a connection between Windows machine and Linux
machine? How I can translate the port_name between Linux machine and Windows
machine?
Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Eisa Al Shamsi