Subject: [OMPI users] Running openMPI job with torque
From: Govind (govind.rhul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-09 11:17:01

Hi,

I have installed following openMPI packge on worker node from repo
openmpi-libs-1.4-4.el5.x86_64
openmpi-1.4-4.el5.x86_64
mpitests-openmpi-3.0-2.el5.x86_64
mpi-selector-1.0.2-1.el5.noarch

torque-client-2.3.6-2cri.el5.x86_64
torque-2.3.6-2cri.el5.x86_64
torque-mom-2.3.6-2cri.el5.x86_64

Having some problem on running MPI jobs with torque
qsub -q long -l nodes=4 my-script.sh
42.pbs1 <http://42.pbs1.pp.rhul.ac.uk/>

cat my-script.sh.e41
stty: standard input: Invalid argument
mpirun was unable to launch the specified application as it could not find
an executable:

Executable: hello
Node: node56.beowulf.cluster

while attempting to start process rank 0.

I could run the binary directly on the node without any problem.
 mpiexec -n 4 hello
Hello World! from process 2 out of 4 on node56.beowulf.cluster
Hello World! from process 0 out of 4 on node56.beowulf.cluster
Hello World! from process 3 out of 4 on node56.beowulf.cluster
Hello World! from process 1 out of 4 on node56.beowulf.cluster

Could you please advise, if I missing anything here.

Regards
Govind