Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpi_iprobe not behaving as expect
From: David Zhang (solarbikedz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-06 14:35:29

I have modified the code so that all the terminal outputs are done by one
executable. I have attached the source files, after compiling type "make
go" and the code will execute.

The previous code output was from a supercomputer cluster where the two
processes resides on two different nodes. When running the same code on a
regular-multiprocessor machine (mac mini in this case), I got this output:
           1
           2
           3
           4

If I'm sending a message every 2 seconds and I'm polling every 0.05 second,
I would expect 39 F and 1 T between each number. At least when I ran it on
the supercomputer, this is true during the very beginning; however I don't
even see this when I'm running the code on my mac mini.

--
David Zhang
University of California, San Diego
** WARNING:  This email contains an attachment of a very suspicious type.  **
** You are urged NOT to open this attachment unless you are absolutely     **
** sure it is legitimate.  Opening this attachment may cause irreparable   **
** damage to your computer and your files.  If you have any questions      **
** about the validity of this message, PLEASE SEEK HELP BEFORE OPENING IT. **
** This warning was added by the IU Computer Science Dept. mail scanner.   **