Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Segmentation fault in MPI_Finalize with IB hardware and memory manager.
From: Scott Atchley (atchley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-02 11:52:35

On Jun 2, 2010, at 11:14 AM, guillaume ranquet wrote:

>> What happens if you run:
>>
>> ~/openmpi-1.4.2-bin/bin/mpirun --mca btl openib,sm,self ~/bwlat/mpi_helloworld
>>
>> (i.e., MX support is still compiled in, but remove MX from the run-time)
>
> sadly, exactly the same thing :(
> it doesn't seems to disable MX (as the Error message is still there, I'm
> just guessing, as I said I don't really know anything about MPI :-/).

What if you explicitly disable MX?

~/openmpi-1.4.2-bin/bin/mpirun --mca btl openib,sm,self --mca btl ^mx ~/bwlat/mpi_helloworld

>> Does the same error happen if he tries on a MX host that does not have IB?
> this node only has a myrinet card,
>
> $ mpirun ~/bwlat/mpi_helloworld
> warning:regcache incompatible with malloc
> Hello world from process 0 of 1
>
> note that this is with openmpi-1.4.1

Ok, there is no segfault when it can't find IB.

Which version of OMPI are you running on the IB nodes? 1.4.2?

I can try to write a patch that does not alter the mpool if MX is not available.

Scott