Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Bugs in MPI_Abort() -- MPI_Finalize()?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-02 08:59:46

On Jun 2, 2010, at 8:03 AM, Ralph Castain wrote:

> I built it with gcc 4.2.1, though - I know we have a problem with shared memory hanging when built with gcc 4.4.x, so I wonder if the issue here is your use of gcc 4.5?

It's not yet clear that we have a shared memory problem with gcc 4.4.x -- IBM and Cisco have been unable to replicate.

> Can you try running this again with -mca btl ^sm?

This would be good data. Can you also send exactly how you're configuring and building OMPI?

I have built OMPI 1.4.2 with gcc 4.4.1 and 4.5 and have been unable to replicate either the shared memory problem or this problem. :-(

That being said, I'm running on an Intel 5580 (Nehalem EP); I do not have any AMD machines to test on.

For corporate legal information go to: