Subject: Re: [OMPI users] [torqueusers] which eth interface does mpi use by default when torque supplies it with a hostfile?
From: George Wm Turner (turnerg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-28 17:45:10

Open MPI is very aggressive about looking for and using any tcp
communications device it can find. In your case it will use both the
10.0.. network and the 192.168.. network at the same time. Open MPI
does not pay attention to the hosts names for the communications
channel. You want to do something like:

mpirun --mca btl_tcp_if_include lo,eth1

Please see the Open MPI FAQ:

Tuning the run-time characteristics of MPI TCP communications

7. How do I tell Open MPI which TCP networks to use?
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=tcp#tcp-selection

george wm turner
high performance systems
812 855 5156